cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Directory DB

Saqib_Alam
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I have enterprise vault10 running on Server 2008R2 with Database running on SQL server 2008R2. Unfortunately my EV Directory DB was deleted from SQL and there is no back at all for that as well.
So is there any way i can reconfigure my EV and use same archive data and index data.

Regards
Saqib

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Your best bet is a data recovery solution or software to try and get it unrelated With 2008R2 you may be lucky and have a shadow copy on disk If you have the transaction logs, you maybe able to rePlay them up to a point I don't suppose you set up log shipping or mirroring for SQL did you? But if that is the case that you don't have any copies then you will have to start entirely again from scratch and discard your old data Or you can pay a consultancy group lots and lots of money to salvage data from the files and put it in to a journal type repository or maybe a more complex solution where it reads the physical ev's and index files to attempt to reconstruct the directory DB, but that will be a major expense Also if you use vault cache and virtual vault for end users you may want to get them to backup their vault cache DB's as at least they have some of their data on an end user machine
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No way to get the info you need.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Your best bet is a data recovery solution or software to try and get it unrelated With 2008R2 you may be lucky and have a shadow copy on disk If you have the transaction logs, you maybe able to rePlay them up to a point I don't suppose you set up log shipping or mirroring for SQL did you? But if that is the case that you don't have any copies then you will have to start entirely again from scratch and discard your old data Or you can pay a consultancy group lots and lots of money to salvage data from the files and put it in to a journal type repository or maybe a more complex solution where it reads the physical ev's and index files to attempt to reconstruct the directory DB, but that will be a major expense Also if you use vault cache and virtual vault for end users you may want to get them to backup their vault cache DB's as at least they have some of their data on an end user machine
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146