Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - EVSQLServerMove.ps1 - Naming Convention

wilbur-wetterqu
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hey Guys,

actually i have a question about the EVSQLServerMove.ps1.

On the document is described, that when you use this script, the only supported EV databases are with the prefix "Enterprise Vault" or "EVVS" otherwise you will do the manually process. On this Note i have take look into the script and found that the only affected line is 65 - So my question is, can this line changed to anythink like this and the script will do his job? 

Original: If (($_.Name -like "EnterpriseVault*") -or ($_.Name -like "EVVS*")) {$EVDBList += $_.Name}

Edit: If (($_.Name -like "EnterpriseVault*") -or ($_.Name -like "EVVS*") -or ($_.Name -like "EVStoreXYZ*")) {$EVDBList += $_.Name}

What think you about this? I have open a Case by Veritas too and still waiting for complete answer.

Regars,

WW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wilbur-wetterqu
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Guys,
we have a Feedback from the Veritas Forum and "manual Changes" will now be supported.

Look here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH214373

On the Script they have add the "IncludeNonstandardDatabaseNames" Parameter. I hope this will help anyone in the Future.

Regrads,
WW

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

wilbur-wetterqu
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi @ALL,
nobody here, who could give a tip or has the same problem?

Regards,
WW

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think the answer you will get back is that it isn't supported, but if you test it and it works then ok.

I would think that by the time you hear back from support you will have been able to do the manual process several times over.  :)

BTW, a simplier approach would have been to change ($_.Name -like "EVVS*")) to ($_.Name -like "EV*"))

wilbur-wetterqu
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hello Tony,
thanks for your response.

On this time i have get a short response from the german support team.
They think, that the process is well done, but they have to open an internal request for more security.

If this is clear i will do so, but a test i can´t do - when i will create a new database the namespace is reserved.

regards,
WW

wilbur-wetterqu
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Dear Guys,
we have a Feedback from the Veritas Forum and "manual Changes" will now be supported.

Look here: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH214373

On the Script they have add the "IncludeNonstandardDatabaseNames" Parameter. I hope this will help anyone in the Future.

Regrads,
WW