cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault EventID 3411 An error has been reported by ConfigureMsgService. It may be due to a problem contacting a Global Catalogue Server.

SutterKane
Level 4

Hello.

We face the following problem on all our 4 EV servers :

Event ID 3411 An error has been reported by ConfigureMsgService.  It may be due to a problem contacting a Global Catalogue Server.

followed by

Event ID 3270 There is not enough free memory available to continue.  The Task for (Exchange Servername) will pause for a while before retrying.

RAM Memory is looking good (less then 10% used) and none of the disks is more than 30% occupied.

This errors occour  for hours until  task finaly fails. I attached a Dtrace output to this post.

Exchange Servers are all 2010 and EV Version is 9.0.2.

Maybe someone can help ?

Thanks,

SK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Refer following technote:

Exchange 2010 connectivity issues - Event ID 3411 and Hexcode 0x8007000e shown
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172567

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Refer following technote:

Exchange 2010 connectivity issues - Event ID 3411 and Hexcode 0x8007000e shown
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH172567

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If steps given in above technote fails to solve the problem, then check if ClosestGC registry setting is present on EV Servers under following location:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\Exchange Provider\

If yes, then delete it and create "DS Server" string value point to CAS 2010 FQDN and restart the services.

SutterKane
Level 4

Hello.

Thanks for your replies. I don't know exactly which of the tips above brings the solution  but archiving is working again.

I've set the DS Server key as well as reducing the number of concurrent connections to the exchange servers to 1.

I will now increase this number slowly and see if the problem will occur again.

Thank you,

SK