cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault FSA Agent Preventing installation of some software

thadmurillo
Level 2

Hello,

Our company has been rolling out Office 2013 across our environment.  In this process we ran into an issue with a terminal server that has the FSA agent installed.  When we attempted to install Office 2013, we got a generic 1603 error from the installer.  After several weeks of testing and tweaking, we discovered that the problem is that with the fsa agent installed, the installer complains about permissions issues.  But removing the agent, we can isntall without issue.  Is this a known problem?  Is there a solution?  We have tried stopping individual services and all the services, but to no avail.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i havent heard of this before. sounds like you came up with a workaround for your environment. would be good to document the versions of the OS and FSA agent in case this comes up again. sounds like an unusual use case to have the FSA agent on a TS server but i can see how that would add to the complexity of your troubleshooting

thadmurillo
Level 2

Well, it's not technically solved, as I spent 2 months tinkering with a clone of the actual machine.  We didn't want to disrupt users, or SEV, by testing on the production machine.  But there are multiple problems with this "solution", which goes beyond just the terminal server, i.e. AV software updates/installs, monitoring utilities, etc..  And I have not seen the impact of uninstalling the agent, and reinstalling the agent upon SEV, and the file server archiving. 

As for system details:

Hardware: VMWare VM, 16GB ram, 4 vCPUs

Agent:  Symantec Enterprise Vault - FSA Agent (x64) 11.0.0.1351

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Does the agent have to be removed or can the service be stopped?  The evfilter driver unloaded?  I have not hear of the agent causing this issue so it would be good to know the issue.  Is the VSA a member of the local admins group?