Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault FSA - FSAutility issue when recalling placeholder

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear all,

After moving placeholders from an EMC Celerra storage to a NetApp 2040 storage with fsautility we have a problem to recall placeholders. On the user side there's no issue, users can open shortcuts and recall them normally.

But when using fsautility to bulk recall items that have placeholders on the netapp we have an issue. Here the command and the error:

FSAUtility.exe -b -s "\\MyNetAppfiler.domain.dom\root_workgroup$\IT\Infrastructure" -l 1 -r

FSA Data Mover Utility.
Symantec Enterprise Vault.
Copyright (c) 2010. Symantec Corporation.

Bulk Recall of Placeholders
Folder      : \\MyNetAppfiler.domain.dom\root_workgroup$\IT\Infrastructure

Error: Invalid volume root_workgroup$

When I run a DTRACE I have errors for all my volumes that are registered under my NetApp filer on the console. Here is the example for one volume:

{FileServer.LoadVolumes} Exception: Win32 error 5. Access is denied Info:Problem loading the volume object named: cifs_workgroup, id: 1F896A5C05FE77D43B840C35ECDE3E4DA1011000 for file server \\MyNetAppfiler.domain.dom, the directory record was not found, the volume will not be processed

EV VSA is admin of the NetApp filer. The volume is present on the SQL DB FileServerVolumeEntry. But not sure it's the right DB to look in.

Since the migration we didn't run any archiving task because we want to remove EV from the environment.

Any other idea?

Many thanks,

Renaud

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys for your answers, we find the problem. We launched CMD prompt with run as rights with VSA account, BUT in Win server 2003 there is a check box "Run this program with restricted access" that we forgot to uncheck... more habit with 2008 :)

Anyway many thanks, KBs are still useful!

Renaud

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You neglect to mention what version of EV you are using.  There was a recent similar issue solved in EV 9 sp 3.

Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH155705

pdalte
Level 3
Partner Accredited

And in case you're looking at EV7, there's an article reporting a similar issue with access denied errors on NetApp: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67245

Regards, Pedro.

RenaudT_
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks guys for your answers, we find the problem. We launched CMD prompt with run as rights with VSA account, BUT in Win server 2003 there is a check box "Run this program with restricted access" that we forgot to uncheck... more habit with 2008 :)

Anyway many thanks, KBs are still useful!

Renaud

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee

Good to see you resolved it. Could you please mark this as solved too?