Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault FSA - shortcuts not being created

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We're piloting FSA on EV 11.0.1 but we're having trouble with the shortcut generation. It doesn't appear to be happening.

The archiving rules say "generate shortcuts immediately" and our VS settings are set to remove safety copies after backup.

Backup clears archive bit on EV partitions but the FSA task is still not generating shortcuts. Shortcuts are generated after I run again the Archiving Task

Am I missing something here? At what point should shortcuts be generated and the original file be deleted? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is expected behaviour if I understand what you are saying.

• You archive file system
  • Vault Store partition gets backed up
  • on the next run of FSA archive task shortcuts are created.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling

That is expected behaviour if I understand what you are saying.

• You archive file system
  • Vault Store partition gets backed up
  • on the next run of FSA archive task shortcuts are created.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Yes

But I think the shortcuts must be created after backup has run, isn't it?

TonySterling

Yes, the placeholder is created on the next run of the FSA archive task after the vault store partition for the FSA archives has been backed up.

If you are testing, you can run the task manually to create the placeholders:

1. Run the task for the creation of shortcuts only: Select this option to restrict the task so that it does not archive, but does create shortcuts. The task creates shortcuts according to the shortcut creation settings in the policy archiving rules. When you select this option the task does not perform archiving. You can choose In report mode to generate a report of shortcuts that would be created if the task ran in normal mode.

superf
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Ok this is the behaviour...but there's no written in the documentation that it creates the shortcuts on the next run. No?

TonySterling

Well the FSA Archive Task only processes files during the scheduled run so I guess it would be implied.

See FSA shortcut creation options.

See Notes on FSA shortcut creation

Running a File System Archiving task manually