cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - File System Analyzer

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I am running the FSA analyzer tool on a server which has 2 mount points on a drive/folder.  The O/S is W2K3, and the mount points are LUNs on the SAN which are attached under an exisitng drive letter / folder on the server.

i.e.  e:\directory1  and it's subdirectories

e:\directory2   and it's subdirectories

e:\directory3\MOUNTPT1 and it's subdirectories

MOUNTPT2 and it's subdirectories

e:\directory4    and it's subdirectories

When I run the FSA Analyzer it does not pick up the mount points or any of the folders contained within them.  It picks up directory1, directory2 etc. and all their subdirectories OK.  I have read that when implementing FSA 'for real' and you have mount points you need to have a volume defined at or below the mount points otherwise EV will not 'walk into' the mount point and it's folders.

Is there a way by which I can get the FSA Analyzer to 'walk into' the mount points ?  I have tried defining a UNC to the level of the mount point with no success.  As the mountpoint itself is not a share perhaps this is the reason the UNC isn't working.....

Anyone any suggestions ?

Thanks,

AJ.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Evan_Barrett
Level 6
Partner Employee Accredited

Can you check to see if there are any errors?  You can do this by looking for files named "scan-errors-<system_name>-<share_name>.txt".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

Is there a link to that tool?
Don't know this...

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Michel,

The tools for EV can be found in the fllowing location:

https://symiqforpartners.com/sites/Products/ev/default.aspx

You need to be logged in with your SymAccount to access this page.

Attached in case you have difficulty locating.

Regards,

AJ.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Thx!

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Evan_Barrett
Level 6

I'll check into this.  Just out of curiosity, can you tell me which options were chosen?  What database option (No db, access, sql)? 

Evan_Barrett
Level 6

I just did a test where I created a mount point (E:\mount\test in my case).  FS-Analyzer had no issues scanning the mount point.  I used SQL as the db option and scanned E$.

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I used MSACCESS2002 - not SQL.

I managed to map to the mount-point and run the analyzer against it.  However, it icked up 850GB of files, when I have 1.4TB on the volume......

The LUN is mounted under a directory on the E drive of the server, and not referred to by a drive letter.

I have an E:\SHARED directory with numerous sub-directories all shared out at the sub-directory level.  The LUN is mounted as a mount-point under the SHARED directory, and it has numerous sub-directories which are shared.

AJ

Evan_Barrett
Level 6

Can you check to see if there are any errors?  You can do this by looking for files named "scan-errors-<system_name>-<share_name>.txt".