cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Granular restore

whinebaugh
Level 2

I am new to this and need help in retrieving archived mail from Symantec Enterprise Vault Version: 9.0.3.1164, and to ssee if it is possible to do a granular restore from achieves as well as whole mailbox.  IF so are their any documents or help would be greatful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MMcCr
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
You can provide them with permissions to the Archive so they can view the whole archive, thats easy to do (right click the ex-users Archive, select Permissions and add the new user to have READ access), eventually they will see the archive show in thier Search selection and in the tree pane in Archive Explorer. Or you can export to PST - but thats messy.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

ITDAP_COM
Level 3

There is no granular restore for EnterpriseVault, you should install a recovery server, restore all data then export the pst and import it in the production server.

If you want more information you should read chapter 24 recovert for the administrator guide:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC2843

MMcCr
Level 4
Users are able to restore individual mails for themselves, you can export to PST or back to thier mailbox if they want thier whole vault exported (right click 'Archives' and select Export). You can configure the export to restore a date range or to anouther folder or into original folders.

ITDAP_COM
Level 3

Yes you are right MMcCR, I thought he was talking for a disaster recovery scenario. In chapter 11 on the administrator guide you have the export archvie information.

whinebaugh
Level 2

What I was looking for was after someone leaves lets say a year ago and their exachange account is no longer their, how can I go back into their archive emailed and pull it over for someone else to view?

I do thank you for your help

MMcCr
Level 4
You can provide them with permissions to the Archive so they can view the whole archive, thats easy to do (right click the ex-users Archive, select Permissions and add the new user to have READ access), eventually they will see the archive show in thier Search selection and in the tree pane in Archive Explorer. Or you can export to PST - but thats messy.