cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Indexing

DTRA_Enterrpise
Level 2

I am trying to clear number of user missing indexes after I run task to syncronize indexing via VAC. Its seem

like there isnt enough time for Indexing to run after hours.

DTRA Ft. Belvoir

Enterprise Vault Sys. Admin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You're welcome. Don't forget to mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Following Tech note have most of the Key topics of EV 10.0 Indexing

Enterprise Vault 10.0 Indexing Key Topics http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO58947

This is root tech not for related tech notes of EV 10.0 indexing best practice, Administration, troubleshooting, setting & configuration information.

What to trace in Indexing Service Processes? http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO56255

For synch, dtrace EVIndexVolumesProcessor, EVIndexAdminService should be help ful.

DTRA_Enterrpise
Level 2

Thanks, for information cocerning indexing. 

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

I have heard that all emails are not archived during the archiving schedule ... but for indexing, it sounds really odd. In Enterprise Vault 10, when you start rebuilding/updating/verifying/synchronizing an index volume, all the operations are queued and are processed based on the index service settings and the schedule in the Index Administration Task.

In EV 9, we recommend to rebuild in small groups at the time so the EV server doesn't get stuck with indexing operations. In this case, the index operations will complete regardless of any schedule.

If what you want is to complete the index synchronization in a certain time, you need to consider the size of the archive, storage, network speed, SQL fragmentation, etc.

If you are running EV 10, you can change the schedule of the Index Administration Task to run after business hours.

I hope this helps.

DTRA_Enterrpise
Level 2

Yes, I am running Indexing task after business hour but it still doesnt have enough time to finish processing missing users indexes. However, I did gather alot of useful information and things I can try to speed up the process. Thanks for assitance, appreciate the support

DTRA EV SA

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

You're welcome. Don't forget to mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread. Thanks!