Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Installation&Configuration automation

Jakob
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

an easy question for the beginning: how to start a "silent" installation of CHF´s? There is a switch "/S /v/qn" which is documented in the exe file but this wont work. Other arguments like -silent,... also don´t work. Can anybody help me here? I wan´t to installal a the actual CHF for 12.1.

Another question: Is there a whitepaper or similar for scripting/automating the initial EV Configuration? I can imagine that this automatic configuration is possilb with SQL Injects and Registry changes. Has anybody experience with deploying "standard" ev topologies?

Regards

Jakob

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Jakob,

As far as I know, you can install only the 'high' version silently. (12.0 or 12.1) not the hotfixes. (12.1.1 or 12.1.2).

As for automatic configuration, I don't think this exists. every environment is different (domainname, VSA, exchangeservers to target etc.) Additionally, storage devices might be different (ntfx, netapp, centera, etc), specific VS and VSP config etc....

Regards. Gertjan

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Jakob,

Are you talking about client or server software installation?

--Virgil

Hi,
talking about the server installation.
In generall all of our installations look similar (using similar components). Just names and policies are different.
Jakob