cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - Issues Restoring

reocoaker
Level 2

I have one user who is having problems restoring from a delgate Mailbox he has Full Mailbox Access to. Whenever he tries to restore an email he gets the error:

'Could not process the selected items - Reason: A Server Error Has Occurred'

Other users with access to this Mailbox are able to restore items without issue.  The affected user can restore items to his own Mailbox without issue.

I have checked all Mailbox permissions, I have added the persmissions specifically on the Vault side and I have a run a Vault Synch on his account but nothing has worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions at all please?

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi mate, can you confirm the user has permissions on both mailbox and archive of the other user?

--Virgil

Yes he has full mailbox rights to the other mailbox (which I have removed and re-applied) he also had inherited full permissions in EV to the mailbox and I have manually granted the access in EV as well.

Marcde
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi, 

did you take a look at the IIS logs on the server - Are you able to find requests done by that user? If so - what's the status of the requests? 

Note down the ssid of an "affected" item (Vault Information) and try to find this request in the IIS logs. In addition - Verify if the eventlog is stating any errors at the time the user tries to access one of these items. 

Note down the archive id of the selected item and very over the vac that this item for sure is archived in the delegated mailbox. 

Are you using vault cache and does the error only occur when restoring items or also when retrieving them?

PMCS GmbH & Co. KG - A Serviceware Company
www.serviceware.de