cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Migration

mhasanein
Level 2

Dear all,

I'm in the process of migration for enterprise vault server for 9.0.2 on windows 2003 x32bit ,, to new server 2008 x64 bit I want certain things to be clarified:

1 - I can install enterprise vault 10.0.4 ( on the 2008 x64 bit server ).

2 - Use the migration izzard tool to migrate the setting ( directly from 9.0.2 to 10.0.4 edition ).

3 - I'm migrating to a new server name with different server IP address so the DNS records are created automatically so I don’t need to create any new DNS records, or I have to modify the old server DNS record to point to the new server (IP address), or i have to modify the whole FQDN name. 

your assistant is highly appreciated,, and may thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

From memory, I believe the server migration wizard will allow for a DNS change to be done. You should only need to change the dns-alias for the ev-server (if you use one).

See this link for my 'dry run': https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/server-migration-wizard-screenshots

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

From memory, I believe the server migration wizard will allow for a DNS change to be done. You should only need to change the dns-alias for the ev-server (if you use one).

See this link for my 'dry run': https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/server-migration-wizard-screenshots

Regards. Gertjan

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

AFAIK, the answer to above two question is YES, you can use migration wizard to move server from 9.0.sp2 to 10.0 SP4. In background it migrate & upgrade the server automatically.

As Gertjan said, you need to point EV server alias to new server host name before you export the package.