cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault OWA Extensions in 10.0.4 CHF2

calvin14
Level 2

Hello.  I am in the process of upgrading Enterprise Vault from v10.0.3 to v10.0.4 with Cumulative Hotfix 2.

We are performing this upgrade for compatibility with Exchange 2013 SP1.

I noticed that while Enterprise Vault OWA Extensions are not required for Exchange 2013, a "Enterprise Vault OWA Extensions" package for 2010 is included in the Cumulative Hotfix.

What functionality does this correct/provide?  If we are ultimately migrating users from Exchange 2010 to Exchange 2013, do I need to install them?  I would like to avoid modifying our Exchange 2010 servers if possible.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you look at the Compatibility list (page 42) is says that the EV 10 OWA 2010 Extensions are compatible with EV 9, EV 10, and EV 11.  That would tell me the SP of the OWA Extensions leved doesn't need to match the server SP level. 

The only reason you would need to upgrade is if there was a fix in the newer version, so read the release notes and see if there is a compelling reason to upgrade.  If not, you can stay put.

Enterprise Vault Compatibility List

Article:TECH38537  |  Created: 2010-01-16  |  Updated: 2014-05-02  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

HTH,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

If your OWA is working after you complete the EV server upgrade then I would advise to not modify it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.  :)

calvin14
Level 2

Well, certainly that's logical, and I thank you for taking the time to reply.

I just think I would be remiss if I didn't investigate specifics going in.  I would be more confident if I knew that I either definitely need to install the extensions (or definitely don't).  I'm hoping someone can clarify that for me.

TonySterling

If you look at the Compatibility list (page 42) is says that the EV 10 OWA 2010 Extensions are compatible with EV 9, EV 10, and EV 11.  That would tell me the SP of the OWA Extensions leved doesn't need to match the server SP level. 

The only reason you would need to upgrade is if there was a fix in the newer version, so read the release notes and see if there is a compelling reason to upgrade.  If not, you can stay put.

Enterprise Vault Compatibility List

Article:TECH38537  |  Created: 2010-01-16  |  Updated: 2014-05-02  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537

HTH,

Andrew_G_
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Specifically, the hotfix fixes a problem where the Enterprise Vault popup for archiving does not render properly, and prevents archiving, when using IE10+ with different compatibility/document modes.

It is only an issue when running with Exchange 2010 SP3.