cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Oulook Add-in / O365 / Force search functionality

tommih
Level 3

Hi,

Does anyone know is it possible to force Enterprise Vault Oulook Add-in functionality by registry settings to use only Search Vaults functionality?

(Users want to keep Search Functionality in plugin. And i know it is possible to use Exchange desktop policy to change those functionality before movin mailbox to O365, but what about new users that will newer use onpremise exchange and mailboxes are made directly to O365. "Desktop policy functionality can only be targeted to Exchange onpremise provision groups and provisioning and sync task is not able to target to O365 mailboxes"

Plugin.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I have made own outlook add-in msi package. It creates a new ribbon and button in outlook. Button opens EV Search web page and works fine.

Next in this project i'll look to find out: How to add current user name and password automatically after EV search webpage opens and ask it.

Regards. Tommi Hellman

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MikeBilsborough
Level 3

I'm confused by this question.  You're talking about a new user who's never had EV, so why are you wanting to give them a search vault button?  That so they can access shared archives?

The EV client looks for a hidden message within the mailbox for the information to control the client so unless you can progamatically copy/create one I don't think you can do anything.

The alternative is you simply give such users a bookmark i suppose.

Mike

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Me too confused. What mail-client do you use? Outlook? You can then in Outlook create a folder, where you can set the homepage to the Archive Explorer page (or the search page). You can do this by defining the homepage to be "http:// enterprisevaultserver/enterprisevault/archiveexplorerui.asp" (or search.asp)

That should work. Keep in mind new users will only see archives they have permissions on. Due to them not being enabled themselves, setting the permissions is something you need to do manually (unless you use a group but that goes to far for this thread).

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

Sorry for confusing info. Outlook 2016-2019 are used with EV plugin and Exchange 2016 onpremise - O365 (Hybrid model) are mail servers.

Situation are: That we are moving our mail boxes to O365 from on-premise exchange and after the move we disable Exchange onpremise mapi archiving from VAC. (I think that its not possible to meake desktop policy to O365 targets or am i wrong ?) For O365 we are using SMPT archiving.

Outlook to create folder sounds good idea. Do you know how to greate group policy to create it every user ?

Best Regards,

Tommi Hellman

Hi,

Do you have link or guide how to create those Outlook folder -->

Outlook? You can then in Outlook create a folder, where you can set the homepage to the Archive Explorer page (or the search page). You can do this by defining the homepage to be "http:// enterprisevaultserver/enterprisevault/archiveexplorerui.asp" (or search.asp)

-Tommi

GertjanA

Hello Tommi,

You can not target O365 unfortunately. I have no user mailbox archiving anymore, so no experience when part of users are in O365. I do know there is a mail-app, but don't know how and with what it interacts. 

As for the GPO to create the folder, I am not sure. You might want to check yourself. I just tried myself, I don't think you can make such a folder when your mailbox is in O365 :) 

Maybe send all your users a link?

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

I have made own outlook add-in msi package. It creates a new ribbon and button in outlook. Button opens EV Search web page and works fine.

Next in this project i'll look to find out: How to add current user name and password automatically after EV search webpage opens and ask it.

Regards. Tommi Hellman

GertjanA

Hi Tommi

Sounds interesting. Can you explain a bit how you did this?

As you answered your own question, can you mark that as 'solution'?

Regards. Gertjan

Hi,

I used visual C# with VSTO Add-in for Microsoft Office Outlook to make new ribbon and button in Outlook.

Regards. Tommi Hellman