cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Outlook 2010 Add-In

smaslin
Level 3

I just downloaded the Outlook 2010 add-in for EV (9.0.1) and the download only has the HTTP-Only client in it.  Is this by design?  I prefer the full native client if thats going to be available...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It's by design. There is an ongoing/long-standing plan to introduce the full client functionality into the HTTP client but right now for Outlook 2010's OOM we have only been able to implement HTTP client functionality.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

It's by design. There is an ongoing/long-standing plan to introduce the full client functionality into the HTTP client but right now for Outlook 2010's OOM we have only been able to implement HTTP client functionality.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

smaslin, what specifically do you "need" from the functionality contained in the full client?  I mean in a kinda ranked order if you will.  It might help to know that, in case some things (in the future) need to be prioritised over others.

Working for cloudficient.com

Conners
Level 2

Hi,

What are the limitations of using the HTTP only client?

I had assumed it was used only for OWA, but I have installed it and can now see an Enterprise Vault menu in Outlook 2010, with the new "Store" and "Restore" buttons.

However, trying to archive produces the error "You cannot archive items from this location",. and restoring produces "You cannot restore items to this location. If you are trying to restore from a shortcut, copy and move it to your mailbox and then restore". (This info is erroneous).

Double-clicking on a vaulted item, however, restores it.

Many thanks for your help

Conners

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hi Conners, 

I would suggest a new forum thread for this .. however... in short :

HTTP only client users HTTP to talk to the EV server, rather than DCOM

When manually archiving an item you don't get a choice of vaults/archives to archive to

You don't see the Enterprise Vault tab on folder properties.

That's about it.

The error you're seeing sounds like you're trying to archive something in your virtual vault folders?  Can you explain where you are at, and produce a client log file?

[Hence the request for a new forum thread really :)]

Conners
Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Rob - I'll create a new thread.

Conners

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Rob

I'd like to have the Enterprise Vault folder properties in the http client

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yep agreed.  That's one of the comments going around internally "When will we have the full client functionality in the HTTP client".  That is TBD.