cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Outlook Add-in not displaying

trebor75
Level 2

Hello,

I am trying to get the EV Outlook Add-in to function. It installs successfully and is Enabled, but does not show up as a menu item in Outlook. I verified that the appropriate registry keys are created because I found some articles about that causing a similar issue. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 with 32 bit Outlook 2010 and we are running Enterprise Vault Version 10.0.1.1171. The version of the add-in that I have installed (from Programs and Features) shows version 10.0.5267.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling many times. Does anyone know how I can get it working?

Thanks for any help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Or you can use this client version that has some hotfixes:

Cumulative Client Hotfix - Symantec Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.1 Build 1187

Article:TECH192510  |  Created: 2012-07-06  |  Updated: 2012-07-06  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192510

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

trebor75
Level 2

Nvm. My teammate who got it working has the 10.0.1.1171 add-in installed and it is working, so I just need to track down that installer. Thanks anyway.

LeslieMiller
Level 6

Moved to EV forum for better visibility

trebor75
Level 2

Thank you, Leslie. Can you tell me where I can download the 10.0.1.1171 add-in?

TonySterling

You should contact your EV Administrator and ask them for the client install files.  It is downloaded with the EV Server installation media.

Regards,

TonySterling

Or you can use this client version that has some hotfixes:

Cumulative Client Hotfix - Symantec Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange 10.0.1 Build 1187

Article:TECH192510  |  Created: 2012-07-06  |  Updated: 2012-07-06  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192510

tarkus0407
Not applicable

try looking at the add-ins in outlook 2010.  when i see the Enterprise vault not showing up as a tab, it is usaully that add-in is disabled.  you will just need to renable it.

trebor75
Level 2

I have the add-in and it's not disabled. Just tried installing the hotfix suggested by TonySterling above, but that hasn't helped.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

It could be that Outlook is set to use Outlook Anywhere and the policy you are under is set to unload the client if RPC over HTTP is used, so you may want to try unchecking Outlook Anywhere from your profile and try again.

That being said, Outlook Anywhere may re-enable itself if a slow connection is detected, and then the client will once again unload unless the policy is changed.

Other things may be that the mailbox you are connecting to isn't enabled
It could be that the OST isn't pulling down the hidden message correctly
or it could be that the desktop policy is set to hide all those buttons from you

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146