cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Outlook Agent deployment

Ken_94304
Level 2

Hello all,

Just wondering how other companies are delpoying the EV Outlook agent. We plan on using GPO to deploy the EV Outlook Add-In agent company-wide however we have different Outlook versions (2003, 2007, 2010) out there.

We dont have Altaris or any other software deployment agents. Has anyone attempted deployment with GPO that checks the client's Outlook version? if so, my I see your script?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I guess my experience has always been with a deployment tool like Altiris, SMS, etc. Since the EV9 addin supports Outlook 2010, 2007, and 2003, what's the need to detect your client version?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd also be interested in knowing how other people deploy the Outlook Addin.  (just for my own information)

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

A large company I use to work for had a software install menu which all employees had access to. I don't know what it was written in but it could have easily been web based instead. You were granted access to install various packages based on AD group membership.

Ken_94304
Level 2

mainly to detect the client's outlook version so we can try to script and GPO install based on Outlook version. Since Outook 2003 and 2007 use the EV Outlook add-in while the 2010 uses the HTTP only Outlook add-in. (we currently dont have any sw deployment tools).

AndrewB

Understood. Maybe in the script you can read the outlook version from the registry