cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault PST Migration, Multi Import possible?

teggra
Level 2

Hello together,

I  have an enterprise vault PST migration planned.
I have already processed a test import process - works fine.

Questions:
Is it possible to install the PST Migration wizard tool on an additional server / client to be able to import 2 sessions together?
When yes, how can I install the PST migration wizard tool seperately? Cannot find any docu or information regarding this.

thanks, regards

Teggra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you mean you are doing 'right click' on the Archives node in the Vault Admin console, and choosing to import PSTs that way?

If you're doing that just install the Admin Console on another machine (doesn't have to a be a server).

A better approach if you want multiple imports is to use the Locator/Collector/Migrator... or even EVPM.  They both handle multiple PSTs (up to 10 by default, but can be configured) simultaneously.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you mean you are doing 'right click' on the Archives node in the Vault Admin console, and choosing to import PSTs that way?

If you're doing that just install the Admin Console on another machine (doesn't have to a be a server).

A better approach if you want multiple imports is to use the Locator/Collector/Migrator... or even EVPM.  They both handle multiple PSTs (up to 10 by default, but can be configured) simultaneously.

Working for cloudficient.com

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you want to do it manually, you can start the PST Import thing several times. I do believe there is a max on import processes, but worth a try.

Regards. Gertjan

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

If you have large number of PST's then I would suggest you go for Server Driven migration.

Refer Administrators guide for more info about PST migrations. Located under EV installation directory on EV Server. For eg: c:\program files\enterprise vault\documenation

I hope this helps..