cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault PST Migration Wizard

Paul_E
Level 5

I've copied a load of PST's to my EV server and I'm using the Wizard to import them. However it seems to be pot luck as to whether the Wizard can identify the PST owner from the permission of the file.

The PST owner has full permissions on the PST but the Wizard sometimes fails to set the owner and I have to do it manually. I've tried using the permission on the parent folder as well but it makes no difference. This isnt such a big deal if I were doing a handful of them but I'm trying to do 100 at a time and manually searching for each user is a pain.

Any ideas ?

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

if you are doing so many, why are you using the wizard just as a matter of interest?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Paul_E
Level 5

They are PST's stored on mapped home drives. For some reason the locator only picks up and handful of PSTs stored on the mapped drive but all PSTS stored on Local drives.

Because we want rid of PSTs asap we thought it'd be easier and quicker to just do them manually. The process is great when the wizard assigns the correct permissions but as above it seems to be a 50-50 chance whether it will or not.

I should add that a lot of these are no longer connected in Outlook which is why we thought the manual wizard would be the best option.