Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Questions

Moorthipvm
Level 3

Dear All,

Please help me to get answers for the below questions,

1. What is Enterprise Vault’s behavior for users that were renamed and whose primary SMTP email address changed.  Is the historical email for her going to be Vaulted under oldsmtp@ for the earlier mails and newSMTP@ for the later mails?

EV will check only domain login account, there will be no issues if the smtp address is changed. Please correct me if i am wrong.

2.    Similarly, what is Enterprise Vault’s behavior for users that had a primary smtp address change but display name remained the same?  For   instance, if the company went through a rebranding at some point and everyone’s email address changed from XXX@companyold.comto XXX@companynew.com.  Is the historical mail going to be vaulted with those two different email addresses, or is vaulted by Exchange name and is branded with the current email address at export time?

EV will check only domain login account, there will be no issues if the smtp address is changed. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

The EV procedure for recognizing mailboxes is dependent upon the msExchmailboxguid and the legacyExchangeDN Active Directory attributes.

Therefore the link between archive and mailbox, will not change if msExchmailboxguid and legacyExchangeDN are not changed.

If msExchmailboxguid changes then...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48928

Kind Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Moorthipvm
Level 3

Guys,

Can somebody help me in this...

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

The EV procedure for recognizing mailboxes is dependent upon the msExchmailboxguid and the legacyExchangeDN Active Directory attributes.

Therefore the link between archive and mailbox, will not change if msExchmailboxguid and legacyExchangeDN are not changed.

If msExchmailboxguid changes then...

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH48928

Kind Regards.

Moorthipvm
Level 3

Thanks a lot Gonz.