cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Reporting Configuration

Palinxy
Level 3

When I run the 'Enterprise Vault Reporting Configuration' tool I receive an error message saying "IIS is not running, please start it manually and then click 'OK'".

I am running SQL 2008 R2 and Reporting Services in this version does not require IIS.

The EV reporting pdf says - "For a Windows Server 2008 computer, the IIS 6 Management Compatibility
component of Internet Information Services (IIS) is required."

Should I install this?  This option alone will not install IIS, but I'd like some feedback from others if possible, before trying this.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Palinxy
Level 3

My solution was to install SSRS 2008 R2 onto the Enterprise Vault application server that already has the prerequisites of IIS and the IIS 6 management console.

I had a small issue with configuring SSRS, but managed to correct it and get it working.  I also changed the SSRS web port number from the default 80 which IIS uses.  I am using the default ReportServer db from my other SQL server that hosts the EV databases.

I then installed EV reporting onto the same server and successfully configured the EV reporting configuration and now can see some reports!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

What version of EV do you have? For starters, in the Enterprise Vault Compatibility Charts, SQL Server 2008 R2 is only supported with EV9 or later.

I'm looking at the reporting.pdf for EV9 and it says:

Prerequisites for Enterprise Vault Reporting
You can install Enterprise Vault Reporting on a computer that has the following
prerequisites:
■ One of the following versions of Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services:
4 Chapter
■ Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, with SP2
■ Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
■ For Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services, IIS must be registered with
ASP.NET 2.0.
■ A network connection to the computer or computers that host the Enterprise
Vault databases.
■ For a Windows Server 2008 computer, the IIS 6 Management Compatibility
component of Internet Information Services (IIS) is required.

So my answer would be yes.

Palinxy
Level 3

Thanks for the post.  Sorry I forgot to mention...EV 9.01

I have read this too but the reason I am asking about IIS is that with SQL Server Reporting Services 2005 IIS was required, but SSRS 2008 does not require IIS, it has its own web service.

I am concerned that installing IIS on the SQL server where SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) is already installed will cause a problem with SSRS, because IIS will attempt to use port 80 which SSRS is already using.  Also I'd rather not have to install IIS if I can avoid it.

I logged a support call about this and have been told by first level support that I should install IIS and "For a Windows Server 2008 computer, the IIS 6 Management Compatibility
component of Internet Information Services (IIS) is required". I asked them to reconfirm this and they have.

My other option is to install SSRS onto Enterprise Vault server which already has IIS installed.  Anyway I will give this a try and will post the outcome.

It would be great to hear from anyone else out there who is using SQL Server 2008 R2 and SSRS 2008!!

Palinxy
Level 3

My solution was to install SSRS 2008 R2 onto the Enterprise Vault application server that already has the prerequisites of IIS and the IIS 6 management console.

I had a small issue with configuring SSRS, but managed to correct it and get it working.  I also changed the SSRS web port number from the default 80 which IIS uses.  I am using the default ReportServer db from my other SQL server that hosts the EV databases.

I then installed EV reporting onto the same server and successfully configured the EV reporting configuration and now can see some reports!