cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Reporting

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Hi all,

How can I see if one server has the Enterprise Vault Reporting installed?

Thanks in advanced.

Juan A.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes, on the SQL server if you look in Add/Remove Programs or Program and Features you should see Symantec Enterprise Vault and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault you should see the files location. See attached.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JuanAntonio
Level 5

The Enterprise Vault Reporting component, I mean.

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

EV Reporting components are installed on a SQL server, check in add/remove programs, or by default they are installed in C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault or C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault on the SQL server.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

There is nothing in "Uninstall or change a program" (I'm using Server 2008) but "Symantec Enterprise vault". My EV environment has 2 servers: Enterprise Vault Server and DB Server. The only program referencing EV is that.

If I take a look at All Programs/Enterprise Vault in the DB Server I can see this:  "Enterprise Vault Reports Configuration", so I assume that EV Reports Component is installed here. Is that right?

GCSPT
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

Sounds about right,

As LCT says it is set on the SQL server. Check out the below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO28089  

If you run the reporting config form SQL and there are no settings already shown then it isn't configured, go back to the above Document/Admin guides

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Yes, on the SQL server if you look in Add/Remove Programs or Program and Features you should see Symantec Enterprise Vault and in C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault you should see the files location. See attached.

JuanAntonio
Level 5

Thanks for your answers. Now I know.

Cheers.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

just to add to this, you don't *have* to install the SQL Reporting services and the EV reports on a SQL server. You could if you wanted to install just the SQL Reporting components and the EV Reports on an EV Server, or really any server... it doesn't have to sit with the SQL Server itself at all

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

That's good to know JW2. I always thought that it had to be on a SQL server. Come to think of it, it doesn't as when you run the EV reporting configuration then you need to point it to a SQL server that runs the SQL reporting services, therefore the components can be installed on any server as long as that server is supported by EV.