cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Restore Items Failed between old and new domain

NJCRU
Level 3
Partner Accredited

My Client EV Infrastructure has two environments A which is older (and has zero mailbox servers nor mailboxes) and B which is current, however people are still able to access the older environment even though their mailboxes and AD account are in the B Domain.

The issue that we have discovered is that people can retrieve emails that are located in the older environment however they cannot restored these items from Outlook.

To put a spanner in the works, most of the Active Directory Accounts in the older environment have been deleted. What we have seen is that for the minority of people that still have the A AD accounts they can retrieve and restore successfully.

What I would like to know is would there be a way to fix this from the back-end of Enterprise Vault?

How do I make sure the the new AD account (B Domain) can sync to the archive and can restore mail from Outlook.

For some reason it can only restore items from outlook if the old AD account are still active.

Any idee what link should be removed and added so that the new AD accounts will have the permissions to do restore from Outlook.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kabir_m
Level 2
Partner

As most of the Active Directory Accounts in the older environment have been deleted, you will have to give archive permissions to new AD accounts on the older EV environment to make the outlook restore work.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Kabir_m
Level 2
Partner

As most of the Active Directory Accounts in the older environment have been deleted, you will have to give archive permissions to new AD accounts on the older EV environment to make the outlook restore work.

NJCRU
Level 3
Partner Accredited

That’s what my client did yesterday but did not wait for the synchronization to take pace.

This morning when we tested it again it all worked.

Thanks for the help