cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Retiring

rickyrak
Level 4

Hi All -

I have a very simple issue and wondering if and how other people have managed it.   Basically I have a group of users leaving one branch of our office and migrating to another.   The current users are on Enterprise Vault, but in their new roles they will move to a network that we dont have Enterprise Vault workign with.   The users would like to retain all their mail.

I can easily export the mail to PST, or do a force restore, I am just wondering about the shortcuts.   The users have grown accustomed to simply filing the mail into their inbox folders and letting EV do the archving.   WHat is the best practice way to get them their mail back with the least amount of headaches?

Has anyone run into similar problem?  How did you solve it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Best thing to do is to do a restore to the mailbox (if you have the quota to support it) and that will replace the shortcuts with the original email.

Other than that, you could export to a PST file and then just delete the shortcuts from the mailbox

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6

Best thing to do is to do a restore to the mailbox (if you have the quota to support it) and that will replace the shortcuts with the original email.

Other than that, you could export to a PST file and then just delete the shortcuts from the mailbox

CFreeX
Level 4

Yup, I agree. To delete the shortcut from Outlook, you can use the Outlook search. Just look for Message Class "IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault". Below is decription of Export options.

Export archives to PST files
 Use this option when:

You want to give a user a personal copy of archived items, perhaps to use when out of the office.
You are sending individual mailbox archives somewhere for safekeeping.
You are moving a mailbox, and you want to move the user's archived items without first restoring them to the mailbox.

Export archives to their original mailboxes
 Use this option when:

You are transferring mailboxes and want to send the users' archived items too.
You have been running a pilot installation of Enterprise Vault and now want to copy everything that has been archived back to the original mailboxes.

Export a single archive to a chosen mailbox
 Use this option when, for example:

A person takes over an existing role within the company. You could export everything archived from the old mailbox with the 'Business' retention category to the new mailbox.
There is a legal investigation: you could copy everything that has been archived from a particular mailbox to a new mailbox, ready for investigation.

rickyrak
Level 4

CareFree -

Thank you for the feedback.   The problem I will run into (and doing a test I already have) is that the amount of mail archived by EV exceeds the users allowed Quota.  Whats the best way around this?   I see that there is a possibility to restore by date range which could be tricky.    The current user has an inbox with many folders within the inbox.  The mail is archived from those folders.  I basically want to restore everything back to original and then let the user move those mails to PST file.  This was the reason for originally exporting to PST.

JesusWept3
Level 6

then you are going to have to expand the quota