cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Search Download all Attachments

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

We have Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 CHF5 install, we have some user testing the Enterprise Vault Search and this user request a way to download all Attachments from Enterprise Vault Search with out download the all message, most of them access Vault from Linux machine. Is this options available in the EV 12.0.4? If not, where can I propose this idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi, 

Download of 1 attachment at a time (without downloading original item) is possible however downloading all the attachments of an item is not possible in any version of Enterprise Vault Search. In my opinon this does not seem to be a common use case having said that i will discuss this requirement with EV PM.

Regards

Amol

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I am not sure this is available in 12.x. I don't use mbx archving, so cannot test. there used to be a page where you can propose ideas, but that seems to be removed. I would ask your SE from VRTS to put the idea to dev.

Regards. Gertjan

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi, 

Download of 1 attachment at a time (without downloading original item) is possible however downloading all the attachments of an item is not possible in any version of Enterprise Vault Search. In my opinon this does not seem to be a common use case having said that i will discuss this requirement with EV PM.

Regards

Amol

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi AmoIB,

My client has over 10k employee because the bourth up this concern, 10 to 15 attachment per message in lots of message.

I though the would not be the only ones.

Thanks

António

arnoldmathias
Level 4

One of the ways around this problem if it is a one-off requirement would be to export the archive to PST and then run an Outlook Macro to export all attachments to a folder.

On a side note, if there existed a way to export all attachments from EVS, then embedded images (which are also considered as attachments) would be exported too.