cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Search advanced options fail to load on one EV server

arnoldmathias
Level 4

Hi All

We have a very peculiar problem with only one of our EV servers. EV Version - 12.1.2 for Microsoft Exchange

Problem: Advanced search options do not load when EVS is accessed from a client machine.

Observations:

• EVS on affected server loads correctly in Chrome (v59) but fails to display the Advanced options in IE(v11.1198.14393.0) - EVS accessed using http://servername/enterprisevault/search/shell.aspx
  • Issue isolated to only one server and is reproducible.

Troubleshooting Completed:

• No configuration issue identified in Deployment Scanner
  • FileReRegister.bat has been run
  • EV virtual directory has been recreated - https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.000018842
  • IIS Settings are identical to all other working servers
  • EVS works as expected on the affected server (accessed using http://servername/enterprisevault/search/shell.aspx) in IE, but issue exists only on client machines when accessed using URL or from within Outlook of users hosted on the affected server.

Considering reinstalling the EV binaries. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arnoldmathias
Level 4

Have been able to resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer to default settings. However, we were unable to identify the root cause of the issue.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Titoine31
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,
Have you check if all of your EV servers is in "Trusted site" in IE configuration ?
I think that the problem is with the workstation not with the server ... you said that's OK Google Chrome but not with IE ... have you make some change in a IE GPO ? ... maybe have you forgot to add this specific EV server.
Regards,
Antoine

@Titoine31 the affected server is already added in the trusted servers list.

The GPO is unchanged and does not include anything specific to this one affected server. 

arnoldmathias
Level 4

Have been able to resolve the problem by resetting Internet Explorer to default settings. However, we were unable to identify the root cause of the issue.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I vaguely recall having had this somewhere. We found that if IE is open, and you press F12, you get a box at the bottom of the screen. The issue we found was that in the emulation tab the document mode was different from an IE that did work. Not sure how we fixed it, might have been compatibility mode, not sure anymore.

Regards. Gertjan

I have the same problem. Update EV Server to 12.2.1. After that, client can not search from Outlook addin or Websearch with IE.
When i reset IE - it works. But thats not a solution for a lot of clients. I dig out, when you reset IE, the DWORD 1A10 in

in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\4 will changed from 1 to 3.

Create a GPO Setting that replace the Registry Key DWORD 1A10from 1 to 3. That fixxed the issue for me.

@Clemens1966 That's some great analysis. I shall keep this in mind in case there is a recurrence.