cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Search and selecting more than 10 at once

eVault_Info
Level 2

My title is not the best and I apologize for that.

We are running Enterprise Vault 10.0 with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and also 2010. (Exchange)

What I need assistance for is when I am exporting to a PST file. I go to search and search for all the e-mails I want to export. Now the page displays 10 results at a time. 

I have one person with 3000 e-mails. When I check select all, it only takes the 10 shown on the page. Then I have to "add to basket" and click next and do it again. This is not practical since we have over 150 persons. I believe I found how to make the page show more results, but what we want is a simple way to actually select all emails we want. So if it is 3000, it will select 3000 without having to display 3000 on one page.

The change display options from say 10 to 100 are here in case someone is curious (I have not verified this, just found it online)

1. Create or modify the webapp.ini found in the \program files\enterprise vault\ directory on the Vault server.

2. Add the following line:-

=

Where number is the number or results needed. 10000 items will show 100 pages in Archive Explorer.

3. Restart the IIS service (IISRESET from a run prompt) and then try the search again.

Any assistance would be wonderful.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could do search.asp?advanced=3.

That will allow 500 to be selected at a time, I think.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Jeff_Shotton
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

You really want to be using Discovery Accelerator for this. You will find that the search application has issues scaling, and it was not designed for what you are doing.

If you want to export everything from a mailbox you should be using the export wizard in the vault admin console.

If you want to continue to play with this, the following might help.

Advanced search limitations: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH71561

ShowALLMaxResults: http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO37306

Regards,

Jeff

eVault_Info
Level 2

Thank you for the links. I have the two links you provided already. Unfortunately that changes the show all etc which does not help us in this case. We still want only 10 or a small number to show, we simply want select all to actually select all the results even if they are not displayed on each page.

Thank you for taking your time to answer me and I will take a look at Discovery Accelerator. 

Thank you

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You could do search.asp?advanced=3.

That will allow 500 to be selected at a time, I think.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Yep I think you're right about that being largely the best option right now. As others said, if you're doing this large scale then the tool of choice is Discovery Accelerator.  But that's not really a regular end-user tool.

Another way to look at it is that if you have 3000 results ..  that's a lot.  I mean I go almost insane when google returns me 14,000,000 results..  so if there are 3000 results.  Is the search being performed with the right sort of terms?  I mean can the 3000 be narrowed down further by using better search terms. 

You can see with search.asp?advanced=3 that there are MANY more options available for searching, and perhaps that will help narrow the scope down to just 1 or 2 pages of 500.

Anyway ..  feel free to mark one or more entries as solutions, if you feel they've helped you sufficiently.

eVault_Info
Level 2

Thank you Rob.Wilcox

I appreciate your help and your method did work for 500 e-mails. Right now that is our best option. 

Thank you again