cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Server Instance Failed to Start

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

We are running EV11 configured on Windows Server 2012 two node MS Failover Cluster.

It has been observed that, If any of the EV server is restarted & later on If we try to move resources back to the restarted server,  the resources are unable to move because EnterpriseVault Server Instance resource is failing to start & I need to bring the resource online on the same node manually

If I try to move the resources to another node (restarted) after 10 - 15 minutes, the resources are successfully moving.

Any idea about this strange behavior??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This would seem like more of a MSFT issue than an EV issue to me. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This would seem like more of a MSFT issue than an EV issue to me. 

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hope Compatibility guide was referred for footnotes mentioned on 2012 with EV clustering part. I believe there was hotfix to be applied  in case of 2012

What events are logged in MSCS  for EV? or for cluster itself

Can you run validate cluster and check if cluster is correctly configured?

Also do check back end paths if there are disconnects to it (validation should show and event viewer as well)

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What I observed in the environment is, as soon as I try to move resource to ther restarted node, very first EV Server Instance resource go offline & fails to come online. Due to this, all the resouces running under this resources are getting failed. (EV services, Disks, IP, MSMQ, Name etc.)

As I said, if I try to move resouces to restarted node after 15 - 20 mins, ther resouces are successfully moving. As observed here, the EV Server Instace resource is not going offline & only underline resources are moving. Hence my entire cluster resouce movement is successful.