cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Single Mailbox Exception

RunningOnBlubbe
Level 2

I want to exclude a single mailbox so that it does not archive using the Enterprise Vault. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you could use the Export Archive Wizard to restore the contents back to the Exchange mailbox.

Just right click the Archives container in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sure, if it's already been enabled by EV you can manually disable archiving for the mailbox from the EV console. you should know that only mailboxes which are in provisioning groups would get touched by EV so the other thing to do would be to look at how you have your provisioning groups configured and make sure the mailboxes you dont want to archive arent targeted that way.

PRADiiP
Level 4

As Andrew said you can disable the Mailbox if its already enabled , also disable the option to Auto-Enable the Mailboxes which are provisioned.

You can disable this option from the properties of the provisioning group.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'm not sure if that's what you mean but i think it would be a shame to turn off auto-enable across the board to accomodate this.

TonySterling

The OP would probably want to create a Do Not Archive provisioning group that targeted mailboxes he didn't want enabled.  That group should be at the top of the list.

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

If you just disable it in EV it will not get reprovisioned to enable.  This is the best method for a single mailbox.  For multiple mailboxes I would create a provisioning group and set to not enable.

TonySterling

Unless it gets zapped or otherwise reset.  We had an issue with a customer doing a migration and even though the mailbox was disabled via the process it was getting re-enabled from being in a provioning group with auto-enable set.

RunningOnBlubbe
Level 2

After a mailbox is disabled from Archiving, can you re-import all of the archived mail back into the user's Exchange mailbox?

TonySterling

Yes, you could use the Export Archive Wizard to restore the contents back to the Exchange mailbox.

Just right click the Archives container in the Vault Admin Console and choose Export.