cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Size Limits

bruce6230
Level 2

I have Vault version 11 installed. I am curious what limits there are for how much mail can be archived in the Vault. We have users with 50GB+ mailboxes. I would like to direct those users mail to the vault but I am not sure what limits there are if the mail is stored in the vault. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe he mistyped. There isn't a mailbox limit.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Hmm, can you check the version ?  Enterprise Vault 10.0.3 Cumulative HF 1 is the highest version at the moment.

That being said pretty much any (recent) version of EV is absolutely fine with mailboxes of that size, and larger.

You can set quotas on archives, if you wish, but out of the box archives are unlimited.

My suggestion with super large mailboxes is to stage-in the archiving policy.  So rather than saying 'archive every over 6 months old', start with a policy which is 'archive everything over 5 years old'... wait a week or two, and then bring it down to 3 years, then 1 year, then 6 months.

It's less impactful on resources, and on the end user.

Working for cloudficient.com

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

There is limit of mailbox size for archiving, but we do have limits on messages:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH48611

bruce6230
Level 2

Advisor

Thanks for the reply.

You said above that there is a mailbox size limit. What is the limit? I read TECH48611. Unless I missed something, that one talks about individual message limit of 250 mb.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
He meant there is no limit, only on individual message sizes An archive can be as big as you want it to be
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I believe he mistyped. There isn't a mailbox limit.

bruce6230
Level 2

Thanks for the clarification and the quick reply

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Sorry guys that was a typo..thanks tony

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

@bruce6230 - Is there anything else needed on this issue, or can one of the posts be marked as the solution?

Working for cloudficient.com