cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Stubs saved on network shares

dvic
Level 2

Hi

i was wondering if anyone has as solution for a issue we have.  We have just recently migrated multiple companies (under the same name) into the 1 Enterprise Vault server (10.0.1.1171. These companies were running as seperate entetites therefore each had their own Enterprise Vault servers.

One of the practices they used was saving the emails that had been vaultled already in their mailbox (exchange 2007) to a network share so everyone could access it. This is the way they shared emails with one another.

Since we have migrated their local PST''s only into the new Enterprise Vault system, these stubs that are still sitting on the network share are now asking for a username and password and contain the IP or hostname in the login dialogue box of the old Enterprise Vault server. 

What i can only think of is that the users that own these emails will need to resave them again from their new Enterprise Vault archive back to the network share and delete that old email.

My question is, is there another easier way of doing this like updating the email stubs on the network shares to reflect the new Enterprise Vault server or is it not possible?  Or can anyone think of an easier way instead of recopying the message?

Our client is currently on Enterprise Vault 10.0.1.1171  on Windows Server 2008 R2 standard Sp1

any help or ideas would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The registry key won't help you - it will only reset the permissions to that of the archive.

So people will need to be given access to everyone's archive, or one of the other options used.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Personally I don't see how this could have worked. You see when you or anyone opens the shortcut and the item gets retrieved from an archive... You need permission to read that archive. So if you put a shortcut there, and I opened it, I would need permission to your archive. Which I probably wouldn't have. There is a registry key I think which can reset imported from PST migration shortcuts... It might help, but really a better solution needs to be discovered. Options would included .... A shared archive, a shared mailbox, public folder, sharepoint

dvic
Level 2

thaks for the quick reply Rob, i believe  in the old envirnoment everyone was just granted access to each others archives to overcome this... We now have locked it all down so they are starting to see the issue

Are you able to tell me more about the reg key please?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

The registry key won't help you - it will only reset the permissions to that of the archive.

So people will need to be given access to everyone's archive, or one of the other options used.