cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault and Exchange 2013

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Hi,

We are looking at moving to Exch 2013 and I wanted to get some points clarified;

Do users still have a virtual vault? I believe that the Outlook Plug-In is redundant with exch 2013, but what will users do when they are offline? Will there still be an offline cache?

If we are running 2010 alongside 2013 how will the Outlook Web Access work? Will it only work for users whose mailboxes are in exch 2010 or can we have OWA working for 2013 users at the same time?

Is it advisable to move to RPC over HTTP whilst still in Exch 2010?

My understanding is that we currently have to disable Outlook anywhere for the Outlook Plug-In to work with users in Exch 2010, this could be a problem if this is the only way to access Exchange mail in 2013.

Apologies for the daftness of my questions, but I guess that's expectable when you ask an Oracle DBA who's worked predominantlly on Unix to mess around with Enterprise Vault on Windows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yes, you can stil have VV and VC with Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013. the plugin is not redundant.

OWA coexistance can work. you might have to do some tweaking if an error comes up but it shouldn't be a problem.

i'd say do some testing to figure out how outlook anywhere / rpc-http works in your environment. i have Exchange 2013 with EV 11 in my lab and it's great. no issues to report.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

yes, you can stil have VV and VC with Exchange 2013 and Outlook 2013. the plugin is not redundant.

OWA coexistance can work. you might have to do some tweaking if an error comes up but it shouldn't be a problem.

i'd say do some testing to figure out how outlook anywhere / rpc-http works in your environment. i have Exchange 2013 with EV 11 in my lab and it's great. no issues to report.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for the comments, I was wondering if anyone else had 2010 and 2013 co-existing, with the archiving and archive retrieval still working.

I'll see if I can get the lab set up for exch 2013 in a virtual world.