cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault and OWA/Outlook Anywhere

evuser0815
Level 3

Hi there,

we have Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 with Exchange 2010 and a Microsoft TMG.

Now we want to give our users access to Enterprise Vault with OWA and Outlook Anywhere.

What have we to do on EV?

What have we to do on TMG?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

For EV you will want to follow the steps in the Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.pdf/chm.  There are sections for setting up OWA in there.

There are not exact steps for TMG but you should be able to gleen what you need to do should based off of whats needed for ISA2006

Check out this link (especially the comments):
http://www.shudnow.net/2008/06/24/publishing-symantec-enterprise-vault-in-isa-2006/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

For EV you will want to follow the steps in the Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.pdf/chm.  There are sections for setting up OWA in there.

There are not exact steps for TMG but you should be able to gleen what you need to do should based off of whats needed for ISA2006

Check out this link (especially the comments):
http://www.shudnow.net/2008/06/24/publishing-symantec-enterprise-vault-in-isa-2006/

evuser0815
Level 3

thanks for the above link. i'm sure it will help us much.

i will report later when i configured and tested it.

BUT:

what is different to the use with ev and outlook anywhere?

and do i really have to configure ie with the bypass links? (setting_up_archiving...pdf)

isn't there any other solution?

TonySterling

Yes, you need to follow the steps in the guide. 

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

To sort of answer the first part of the question, what's different with EV and Outlook Anywhere?  Some of what is different is determined by the policy settings relating to RPC over HTTP.  Have a look in the VAC for the options available to you there, but essentially it's things like "turn off Client side PST migration", and that sort of thing.

Working for cloudficient.com