cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault - error 36874

DLTSupport
Level 3
Partner Accredited

User is on the EV 12.5 server (Windows 2012 R2 Standard) receiving error 36874 when trying to retrieve mail messages from former employee, only able to reply back with this error number which has nothing in the knowledge base listed.  Sent tech note 100023831 asking him to run the export wizard and to provide screen shot, he has not replied back yet, is there anything else I can ask for to generate more information to open a support ticket?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I would ask for exact reproduction steps. How is customer trying to retrieve mail? Are there events in Application and/or System eventlog during the same time indicating an issue? Can he retrieve a message from other archives? If using Archive Explorer/Search, can he provide a client log file? Has it worked before for this archive? Is there perhaps an issue with storage/indexes?

Just an error code is not much to start investigating..

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

DLTSupport
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thank you for the reply, the customer was not talking to his teammates and opened a second ticket on the same issue that was being handled by one of my teammates and he has handled it to completion. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

I would ask for exact reproduction steps. How is customer trying to retrieve mail? Are there events in Application and/or System eventlog during the same time indicating an issue? Can he retrieve a message from other archives? If using Archive Explorer/Search, can he provide a client log file? Has it worked before for this archive? Is there perhaps an issue with storage/indexes?

Just an error code is not much to start investigating..

Regards. Gertjan

DLTSupport
Level 3
Partner Accredited

thank you for the reply, the customer was not talking to his teammates and opened a second ticket on the same issue that was being handled by one of my teammates and he has handled it to completion.