Level 3
Has anyone seen this error and know how to resolve it?  Thanks

error_vault.jpg
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
what is the OS of the Mac?

Only version 10.5.6 of Mac OS X and version 12.1.5 of Microsoft Entourage are currently supported.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 I'm not (yet) a mac kind of guy, but can you tell us :-

What are you connecting to Exchange-wise?  Is it an Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2007 server?
Does your SMTP address match the default SMTP domain ?

The reason I ask that these are two bugs that I know of that might be what you're hitting.

Working for cloudficient.com

projectman
Level 3
We are using Exchange 2007 and the client is Entourage 2008 .  The smtp address and domain match.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
In your configuration for Entourage are you specifying the name of the Exhange mailbox server, or a Client Access Server (or does your mailbox server also have the CAS role installed) ?

Are you able to generate a MAC client/console log?
Working for cloudficient.com

Ado_G
Not applicable
I am having this problem as well running Microsoft Entourage 2008 in Microsoft Exhange 2007 and Symantec Enterprise Vault 8.0 SP2 environment.  I tried using the mailbox server name and client access server, which is RCP over HTTP correct?  Is there any solution to this problem?  Thanks,
Ado

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
what is the OS of the Mac?

Only version 10.5.6 of Mac OS X and version 12.1.5 of Microsoft Entourage are currently supported.

JH2006
Not applicable
I've just rolled out EV 8.0 SP2, and I too am having trouble with the above message being displayed on our Macs.

Mac specs are exactly as described in the documentation: Mac OS 10.5.6, Entourage 12.1.5, and Safari on 3.0.

What's fantiastic is that Entourage itself has no problem communicating and obtaining mail from the Exchange servers, but EV Plugin fails. (In our environment, using failover clustered mailbox servers, the CAS roles are on their own servers.)

I wish there was a more descriptive error that states what it is trying to connect to what.

JH2006