cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault for Microsoft Exchange - how to create system mailbox

dilmuratz
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to EV. I want to archive mailboxes.

Currently I am going over prerequisites and see that system mailbox should be created in Exchange Server.

I have DAG space with 3 servers and 3 DBs.

I haven't previously worked with system mailboxes and now I don't understand how and in what amount should I create those system mailboxes.

Any guide, link, how-to is appreciated.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi Mate,

A system mailbox is a mailbox used for the archiving process to  happen. We need to create one system mailbox per database.

This is a regular mailbox like a the one you create for a normal user with following features - 

■ The Enterprise Vault tasks require exclusive use of this mailbox, so the mailbox must not be used for any other purpose.
■ The mailbox must not be hidden from address lists. 

■ The account that the Enterprise Vault system mailbox is associated with must not be disabled.

Enterprise Vault prompts you for the name of this mailbox whenever you create an Exchange Server archiving task.
After you create the Enterprise Vault system mailbox, it may take some time for the mailbox to be available. The mailbox must be available before you add an Exchange Server archiving task.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

Hi Mate,

A system mailbox is a mailbox used for the archiving process to  happen. We need to create one system mailbox per database.

This is a regular mailbox like a the one you create for a normal user with following features - 

■ The Enterprise Vault tasks require exclusive use of this mailbox, so the mailbox must not be used for any other purpose.
■ The mailbox must not be hidden from address lists. 

■ The account that the Enterprise Vault system mailbox is associated with must not be disabled.

Enterprise Vault prompts you for the name of this mailbox whenever you create an Exchange Server archiving task.
After you create the Enterprise Vault system mailbox, it may take some time for the mailbox to be available. The mailbox must be available before you add an Exchange Server archiving task.

GulzarShaikhAUS
Level 6

You can also refer to installing and configuring guide located at following link.

https://support.symantec.com/library/BUSINESS/DOC6634/11.0%20-%20Installing_and_Configuring.pdf