Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault free disk space

Soxy
Level 3

Hello everybody,

I need some help.

We have implemented EV 10 for file system, and we are archiving whole file production.

For some historycal reason, EV is configured for archiving files older then 6 months, but retention is configured to keep all files indefinitely.

Storage Expiry is configure to run every hour during weekend.

Now, we have problems regarding disk space for Vault Store partitions beacuse, disk is running out of free space.

We have some old archives that we can remove from EV, but I need some advice how to do it; or is there a way how can we reclaim disk space.

Thank you all in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'd recommend a full backup of your EV environment before starting any of the cleanup but yes, the process you outlined is pretty much it. be mindful that the deletion process is resource intensive so not to delete too many archives at once.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

If retention is set to forever then there's no need to have Storage Expiry run on a schedule. If you're certain you no longer need the data then sure, you can delete old archives. If your policy is set to delete the archived item when a placeholder is deleted then you can kill two birds with one stone, otherwise, you'll want to go back and delete the orphaned placeholders afterwards.

Soxy
Level 3

Thank you Andrew...

That was helpful.

So, we have many home folders of users who leaved company. I was exported their data with fsautility from archive to other file server (just for case), and now I can delete them.

Is the approprirate way for delete theri archives to go to Archives node, click to file system, and on the right side of console right click on that store and choose delete?

Are we gonna free some space with that action?

Thank you in advance

AndrewB

i'd recommend a full backup of your EV environment before starting any of the cleanup but yes, the process you outlined is pretty much it. be mindful that the deletion process is resource intensive so not to delete too many archives at once.

Soxy
Level 3

Thank you very much... You were very helpful...

Ofcourse, I'm pretty paranoic, so I never do anything like that without good backup :)