Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault in Small Environment

ChrisWittman
Not applicable
Partner

Hello,

I am fairly new to EV and have been playing with it in my lab as well as watching the instructional videos available on PartnerNet.

It is so much to take in but need some help in the mean time.

I need some assistance in designing a small implementation for around 30-40 users.
Resoruces are available in a VMware cluster for the server.
Just looking to archive and journal for an Exchange 2010 server.

Looking for answers to the following questions and any additional helpful information:

With as few users as we have, is it okay to run Enterprise Vault and MS SQL on the same server?
Which Version and Edition of SQL would be best?
How should I setup the drives and what items should be installed/setup on drive locations?
Any Best Practice steps I should follow in getting off the ground?

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1) I know its small, but if you going EV10 and you have VMware, I would really suggest going for a separate SQL instance.
2) I would suggest 2008 R2 SP1 of course 
3) However you like ;) In such a small install you can stuff everything to dusk, but again, you on vm so I would suggest 1 disk for indexes / msmq / temp and 1 disk for VaultStores
4) none that I can think of ;)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

1) I know its small, but if you going EV10 and you have VMware, I would really suggest going for a separate SQL instance.
2) I would suggest 2008 R2 SP1 of course 
3) However you like ;) In such a small install you can stuff everything to dusk, but again, you on vm so I would suggest 1 disk for indexes / msmq / temp and 1 disk for VaultStores
4) none that I can think of ;)