cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable (Urgent)

fuadsm
Level 3

Dear All,

I finally reached the stage on installing the EV on the real network and enabling mailboxes for archiving. Currently, I am supposed to submit this project this Wednesday, but unfortunately I cannot submit it without solving this problem.

When I installed the Outlook-add Ins on three of the client computers I noticed the following:

When trying to see the EV tab in the mailbox properties it gives me this error “Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable”.

And when I try to add an email to archiving using the EV “Store in Vault button” in outlook I get the following error:

“An error occurred while processing the selected item: 0x80070005 : Access is denied”

From OWA in Internet Explorer I can use this button without any problem.

These two errors are very annoying and don’t know how to solve them. None of them appeared in the pilot network.

Still don’t know why it is saying “Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable”

I appreciate any help and any idea from you all.

If you have any tip or solution please you are welcomed.

Best Regards,

Fuad

14 REPLIES 14

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
So are you using the Lite or Full client?

fuadsm
Level 3
Dear Sir,
I am using the client that is included in the CD with EV version 7.5.
The client does not say whether it is lite of full but the installation file name is EVClient_en.msi

Hope to find a solution soon.

Best Regards,

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
So yeah, that would be the Full client.  Ensure that these affected workstations have DCOM enabled.  If so, then try to mimic the Lite client by turning on the "Self-Install Functions" which are found in the "Exchange Mailbox Policy".

fuadsm
Level 3
Dear Maynard K,
I confirmed that both DCOM and Self Install functions in the policy are both enabled. DCOM is enabled on the local computer and on the server.

Strangely, the other Icons like the Archive Explorer and the Search Vaults buttons are both working OK. All other buttons are working OK I Use the Web Access.
Moreover, I disabled the firwall on both the client and the server machines.
Hope this can help in finding a solution.
Regards,

fuadsm
Level 3
Finally I could partially isolate the problem.
We I tried outlook 2003, I had non of these problems. Therefore, It is for sure outlook 2007 specific.

Please if you have any idea to fix this problem with outlook 2007 you are welcomed.

I reinstalled office 2007 and still the same problem.

I disconnected one computer from the pilot network that has outlook 2007 and working OK with vault but when I connected this computer to the real network with the real vault and logged in to the computer and outlook with an enabled real account, it did not work and when I disjoined the computer and put it back to the pilot network, it started to work correctly.

Please if you have any idea I will be happy to hear it.
Best Regards,
Fuad

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Check and see if your valkyrie.dll is disabled?

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Have a look at this Technote.

support.veritas.com/docs/293258

fuadsm
Level 3
dear Maynard,
Theh .dll is enabled and also I tried the resetEVClient.exe more than one time and still no change

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
Do you have the DisableLoopbackCheck and DisableStrictNameChecking keys in place?

fuadsm
Level 3
how to confirm that they are in place

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
DisableLoopbackCheck

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa

DisableStrictNameChecking

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services \LanmanServer\Parameters

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
BTW, this is on the EV server.

fuadsm
Level 3
Nope, these keys are not there, even I tried to search for them and they are not there in registery both of them

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

Have you tried to enable diag logging?
(CONTROL + SHIFT + Click on EV Search button)

This may give a hint to the Problem

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.