Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault issue

C54-172
Level 3

Dear,

May I have some questions:

1/ After I did the archive email from domino, where can I found the archive file (the physcial path) in the server?

2/ If our server have not any space, could we move the archive file in the external harddisk?

3/ What is the basic requirement for EV server (RAM, volumn size ...)

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

1/ The item will be referenced in a Vault Store database, and an underlying Vault Store Partition.  You can see which Vault Store that the archive belongs in from the Vault Admin Console.. and you can see the partitions from the Vault Admin Console..  and then you're down into Windows Explorer. 

2/ It is far better to plan properly and ensure that your storage is sufficient and planned expansion is built in.  Yes you can 'move' Vault Store Partitions afterwards, that just takes time.

3/ Requirements are listed in the documentation. Look at the Installing and Configuring Guide.

Min 4 proc (recommended 8)

Min 8 GB RAM (recommended 16)

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

1/ The item will be referenced in a Vault Store database, and an underlying Vault Store Partition.  You can see which Vault Store that the archive belongs in from the Vault Admin Console.. and you can see the partitions from the Vault Admin Console..  and then you're down into Windows Explorer. 

2/ It is far better to plan properly and ensure that your storage is sufficient and planned expansion is built in.  Yes you can 'move' Vault Store Partitions afterwards, that just takes time.

3/ Requirements are listed in the documentation. Look at the Installing and Configuring Guide.

Min 4 proc (recommended 8)

Min 8 GB RAM (recommended 16)

C54-172
Level 3

Dear Rob.Wilcox,

Thanks for your information. Let me take a look.

C54-172
Level 3

Hi Rob.Wilcox,

I found the file which is \Enterprise Vault Stores\Partitions\12-19\XXXXX.dvs. There is one file only.   How do I know for which user?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Well you don't particularly now that 'just' from the file.

Why would you want to know?

C54-172
Level 3

It is because that we need to plan. If it is not enough harddisk, we must move the archive file to other place.  So I need to know for planning.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay, I would suggest for planning you don't need to know where individual DVS files are.

Take a step back...

Think of your users, and how much data they have.

Then build Vault Stores, and partitions to match that.

Figure out on top of that what you'll do in relation to Single Instance storage (between the Vault Stores.. or not).

C54-172
Level 3

Thanks

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi Rob,

May I know if the EV 9 can use the 4 GB RAM and 2 vCPU as Virtual Machine ?