cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault needs your account details in order to update your Vault cache

Mitura
Not applicable
Hello

I have several users who are reporting this error throughout the enterprise. 

Enterprise Vault needs your account details in order to update your Vault cache

I have seen a discussion elsewhere which details the proxy setting as the problem area and I have reviewed this and found that it isn't the problem.

Would anyone have any ideas.

Outlook Client 2003 is the email client.

Thanks
Joe Mitura
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

start a new thread, but really would suggest either looking more on this forum, or knowledge bases etc
it really does boil down to authentication between the desktop and the IIS server, theres tons of posts all over the internet with a lot of suggestions and isnt necessarily EV Specific

Plus theres the post here:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56220&key=50996&actp=LIST

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6

So, your Enterprise Vault hosts as well as the aliases are listed in the Intranet Zone?
What is the hostname listed on this credentials dialog? Is this in the Intranet Zone, too?

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee
Do users get prompted for credentials when carrying out other EV activities for the first time, for example, if they start Outlook and immediately open an archived item from a shortcut or attempt to access the search page? When carrying out any EV operation for the first time there will be an authentication request against the EV server, so this is most likely where the problem lies if it is for all operations

berzerk
Not applicable

some users constantly get the authentication request against the EV server.
Strange thing is that in the authentication window no server name is displayed!!! It just states that Enterprise Vault needs account information.
We have this problem only on one certain VLAN.

Could you think of a certain cause for this?

Mnereng
Level 4

Any feedback on this issue?  I have the same problem, but so far it is only affecting one person.  I've searched the KBs and Connect and this is only real hit I've gotten.

matt_niswonger
Level 3

There is an issue in EV where after installing a service pack on the EV server (this has happened to me with each service pack since 8.0 was first installed) where your settings on the Web Applications tab for each of your Desktop Policies get reset/disabled.  I have to go into each of my Desktop Policies and on the Web Applications tab click the "Add all Enterprise Vault server to the intranet zone" and "Bypass local proxy server" check boxes, and then do a sync of all of the mailboxes.

I have also seen this a few times where an individual user will get prompted for their credentials.  It was always due to their proxy settings being misconfigured and/or the EV server not being added to the local intranet zone in IE.

Littler-Er
Level 3

I get this only though when I just upgraded form 9.0 to 9.01, I have made the adjustments in the desktop policy but has not been a solution yet.  I also moved to new servers (Same name, different SID).  I can't be having my users prompted like this as they get confused.  Also I have to have them do type it in with Domain\Username for it to go away.

Jose_Luis_Per1
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi,

Did you find a solution for this? It is happening randomly and I have nearly discarded a proxy exceptions misconfiguration.

JesusWept3
Level 6

start a new thread, but really would suggest either looking more on this forum, or knowledge bases etc
it really does boil down to authentication between the desktop and the IIS server, theres tons of posts all over the internet with a lot of suggestions and isnt necessarily EV Specific

Plus theres the post here:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56220&key=50996&actp=LIST

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146