cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault slow retrieval time from Data Domain

cjm99
Level 3

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our EV archive data from EMC centerra to EMC Data Domain.

Running some archive retrieval tests we are seeing very long retrival times up to 45 seconds compared with 1-2 seconds on the centerra.

Anyone archiving to Data domain can you let me know what your retrival times are so we have some idea if there is something wrong with our configuration or the performance is expected with a DD ?

THanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi cjm99,

Have you contacted DataDomain to get their input?  Even when you are not migrating the 3-10 seconds seems a bit execessive to me.

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

how have you been migrating the data?

cjm99
Level 3

We are using a product called archive shuttle from Quadrotech.

We have carried out more testing and it seems when migration is stopped and there no other operations running on the data domain we do get reasonable retrival times 3 - 10 sec's..

As soon as data migration, DD cleaning, backups running the retrieval is back to 45+ seconds..

TonySterling

Hi cjm99,

Have you contacted DataDomain to get their input?  Even when you are not migrating the 3-10 seconds seems a bit execessive to me.

Regards,

Tony

cjm99
Level 3

Yes working with EMC support. I guess what I was after was some real world experiences out there but doesn't seem a very common setup.

thanks

TonySterling

Understood, just wanted to be sure as they own the code.  :)