cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault toolbar buttons not working for Outlook 2007 add-on

Johnnyboy5082
Level 2

Hello all-

I am an enduser support technician for large company and I have an issue with one of my users with an EV issue that has me stumped. 

Two of the toolbar buttons are not functioning as expected - the "Search Archives" button and the "Archives Explorer" button.

When he clicks on the "Search Archives" button, nothing happens at all.

When he clicks on "Archives Explorer" button, it just collapses the Inbox folders viewing pane.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on several times with no luck. I've also had him try via webmail and everything works as expected that way. But this add-on isn't working. I've also checked disabled items and it is not listed there.

Anything I'm missing? I don't really have much experience with troubleshooting these types of issues. Any and all insight is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Johnnyboy5082
Level 2
Hey thanks for the responses all! Turns out, the user had a corrupt profile. I had to delete his user profile on his laptop and have him log back on to create a new profile. This resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Let us know the following detail 

1. EV Server Version :

2. Outlook Version on Client machine :

3. EV addin installed on client machine version :

4. IE Version :

Are able to open the search and archive explorer web by typing the weburl in your browser ?

You need to have the Ev server Url added to the trusted sites\intranet sites

Look solution 1 in the following document.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56220

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

In addition to the above requested, a client trace would help as well.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38096

Thanks!

- Chris

Johnnyboy5082
Level 2
Hey thanks for the responses all! Turns out, the user had a corrupt profile. I had to delete his user profile on his laptop and have him log back on to create a new profile. This resolved the issue.