cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault- unable to convert archived emails to pdf

chad_mohr
Not applicable

In outlook, open a email message that has been vaulted by enterprise fault it opens but when I choose my acrobat 9.0 addin i does not convert that email to pdf.

And can not longer convert any emails to pdf and have to restart outlook.

If I do on a email that has not been archived it works successfully

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

I tried this using Acrobat X plugin and Outlook 2010.  I couldn't find a 9 version of the plugin to test.

I was able to create a pdf from both the shortcut itself (highlighted only in Outlook) as well as after opening and restoring.  

Not sure if it is just a version issue, but you can download a trial of Acrobat X and test it.

Has it ever worked in the past for you or is this a first time attempt?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I saw this mentioned on the Adobe forum but there was not a work around.  http://forums.adobe.com/message/2727562#2727562

What version of EV Client and what version of Outlook?

If you restore the archived item first does it work?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

In addition to Tony's suggestions, if you can provide a walk through of the steps you take, versions, etc, etc, then I'm sure it is something that Symantec Support will be interested in taking up.  You have to be aware though that we'll need to work with Adobe too, in order to work out where the problem(s) might lie.  Futher we don't actually certify any addin to work alongside ours.. however we will do our best to look in to the problem.

Working for cloudficient.com

Kopfjager
Level 5
Employee Certified

I tried this using Acrobat X plugin and Outlook 2010.  I couldn't find a 9 version of the plugin to test.

I was able to create a pdf from both the shortcut itself (highlighted only in Outlook) as well as after opening and restoring.  

Not sure if it is just a version issue, but you can download a trial of Acrobat X and test it.

Has it ever worked in the past for you or is this a first time attempt?

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
What happens if you disable Protected Mode within acrobat?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146