cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault unable to delete Partition

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

I am using EV 10.0.4 on windows 2008 R2 and we have migrated from EV File System Archiving to a hardware vendor solution.

I have just completed deleting all of our File System Archives using the EV console.

Now when I try to delete a partition under the Vault Store Group I get the message "Unable to delete partition. The partition is not empty"

I had a quick look and there were a number of CAB files and some DVS files still present under the partition (J: drive in my case), despite me deleting all of the archives.

I deleted these files but am still getting the error.

Is there a step I've missed or is there some hack I can employ to get around this error message?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You can't remove SIS between those partitions once it has occurred.  You won't be able to remove the partitions but you can move them.  If FSA was managed by a different EV server you could even move it to another server.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Jens_Sanft
Level 3
Certified

What is the sharing level of this Vault Store? Do you have activated single instance sharing with another Vault Store, e.g. for mailbox archiving?

Then these CAB and DVS files could belong to items from a mailbox archive and would still be needed. There will also be refences to these items in the database, not only the files themself.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Now that's a question, how would I find out the sharing level?

I was hoping that the store called FileVS1 would only contain files relating the File Archives and not the Exchange Mail archives. I probably shouldn't have deleted all those CAB and KVS files.

TonySterling

You will look on the properties page for the Vault Store Group and the Vault Store itself.  I believe there is a Sharing tab.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Under the Sharing Tab for the Vault Store Group it is showing Sharing Level: Share within group

TonySterling

So that means if there was a Word doc that was archived with FSA that was emailed it would have been shared with the email Vault Store. 

Can you restore the items you deleted back?  If not, you are no going to have some dataloss. 

Sorry mate, you seem to be in a pickle now.

Ravi_Bhandari
Level 6

Thanks for the replies, I will attempt to restore the CAB files I've deleted.

Does this mean I can never delete these File System Archive parttitions and the vault store group?

How can I remove the single instance sharing between file system and mailbox archiving?

TonySterling

You can't remove SIS between those partitions once it has occurred.  You won't be able to remove the partitions but you can move them.  If FSA was managed by a different EV server you could even move it to another server.