cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault

San_Bangalore
Level 5

Hi Team,

We are  in the process of upgrading Indexing from 32 bit – 64 bit for Journaling environment. We are using EV version 10.0.4. We have around 16 K Archive which needs the upgrade.  Please let me know if  there is any documentation for best practices?   Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello San.

I performed this task as follows:

Run a query to determine the number of items per archive. Upgrade the indexes of the archives from bottom to top (i.e small archives first). The upgrade itself is reasonably fast (I believe that there is an indication in the performance guide, not sure anymore), but being able to do it in steps is best.

I did small archives (with up to 10.000 items first), in batches of 'items from 1 to 1000', then from 1000 to 2000, then from 2000 to 5000, etc this to be able to monitor, and to get a hang of how fast it really was.

I then checked which archives with many items belonged to 'non existing users', and set these aside in my sheet to do as last. I then worked my way up. The more items in the archives, the lesser I upgraded. My largest archive (for a user) had 725000 items, which took 50 hours to upgrade. I upgraded the indexes for the journalarchives last, and let them run without any seperation.

Regards. Gertjan

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i'd recommend one more thing to add to Gert's suggestions. configure your indexing task schedule so that it doesn't conflict with mailbox archiving, backups, sql maintenance, etc, and also be aware that it can cause heavy CPU utilization and may impact user access and any eDiscovery you have going on.