cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vaut Search only show folders that are in Outlook for Automatically set

Tonaco_pt
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hello,

I have a weird problem.

In EV Search, a user reported he could not see folders that another person could see. After investigating I came to the following conclusion.

If I assigned automatically permission to a user, he does not have permission to see deleted outlook folders, otherwise, the user with manually assigned permission can see these folders.

How can I correct this without manually assigning permission to all archives?

I don't want to manage manually permission.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

I believe because when using the 'automatically set', you are syncing permissions on folders that exist in the mailbox. If the archive has folders which do not exist in the mailbox when that is synced, those folders on the archive do not get those permissions for those users.

Setting permissions manually on the archive includes the archive, and thus also the folders which are deleted from the mailbox. If you can test, use permissionbrowser to check permissions on a folder in the archive which does not exist, zap archive, sync, check again.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Tonaco_pt

Hi,

I know how this happens. 

1. Zap Archive (The archive does not appear in the EV Search)
  2. Synchronize Mailbox (Can see the archive but not the folders)
  3. Synchronize Mailbox with "Folder Hierarchy and permissions" (Can see all folders that existed in the mailbox)

How can I see all the folders?

I can see all folders if:

• Manually assigned permission to the archive
  • Export archive to PST, delete the archive and recreate and then import PST.

Is there another soluções?

GertjanA

Hello,

It might be because the manually set permission is on folder level. If the user who gets this does not have 'list' at the toplevel, I believe he does not see the subfolders.

In the EV Installationdirectory, there is a tool called PermissionBrowser. Run that, check the archive you have issues with. This is also in the Utilities guide, but have a look at THIS KB-article.

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt

Hi,

The problem is:

Users who access the archive with inherited permission (Exchange) cant see delete mailbox folders after I zap the archive, but if a give the same permission manual they can

GertjanA

Hi,

I believe because when using the 'automatically set', you are syncing permissions on folders that exist in the mailbox. If the archive has folders which do not exist in the mailbox when that is synced, those folders on the archive do not get those permissions for those users.

Setting permissions manually on the archive includes the archive, and thus also the folders which are deleted from the mailbox. If you can test, use permissionbrowser to check permissions on a folder in the archive which does not exist, zap archive, sync, check again.

Regards. Gertjan

Tonaco_pt

HI,

With a SQL query I look for Archive with this issue and add the read permission manually. (Powershell script)