Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault 10.0.4/Outlook 2013

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello All

Not sure if anyone else is facing this issue, but I don't see enterprise vault client add-in (version 10.0.4) working with Outlook 2013. Please find screen-shot below.

120px_Capture.PNG

Version Details:

• Windows 8.1
  • Outlook version 15.0.4517.1005
  • Enterprise vault client 10.0.4.1189

Not an issue, just making sure its known.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ah that's better.. some more brute force did the trick of installing the Add-in.

When Outlook starts, the Add-in appears to be fine.  I can archive, restore, retrieve, search and synch Vault Cache.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Thanks for sharing.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Does the same problem happen with Windows 8?

(Seeing as 8.1 isn't supported yet)

I can't really see your screenshot too well. What does it show?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I do not see Windows 8.1 as supported yet in the compatibility guide:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH38537 (Page 51)

Have you tried this installation in Windows 8 OR?

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I agree with Rob.

As per Compatibility Guide Windows 8 Base is supported with EV Outlook Add-In 10.0.3 or later.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Not sure about Windows 8 as both my machines are 8.1 now :S, but I know EV 10.0.3 works fine with Windows 8.1, not sure if by upgrading to EV 10.0.4 it removed compatibility with 8.1?

Also installation of EV 10.0.4 client doesn't give any issue, generally if OS level incompatibility, we see the error during installation itself?

The screen-shot basically shows that EV client add-in is not listed in the add-in list for Outlook client.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you see anything in your EV client log? I know you would not be able to do it from outlook but enable via registry.

Delete existing client log from temp location (run \ %temp% \ Delete text file those name start with ‘EV’

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\KVS\Enterprise Vault\Client
DWORD: LoggingLevel
Value: 3

Reopen outlook outlook.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FWIW I can't get the Outlook Add-in to *install* with Windows 8.1 and Office 2013. The installer just complains that another instalation is already in progress.

Granted this isn't a clean installation - it's my old laptop.

How was the install done, by the OP ?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ah that's better.. some more brute force did the trick of installing the Add-in.

When Outlook starts, the Add-in appears to be fine.  I can archive, restore, retrieve, search and synch Vault Cache.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hmmm weird, I used setup.exe provided with installation. I will try again on my workstation using msi file.

Meanwhile, attached is log file from my workstation.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

AFAIK you can't use the MSI.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Sorry not sure? If we run command prompt as administrator and launch MSI file from there, it runs installation without issues.

Either way, tried lot of stuff but no luck, its safe to say that its something wrong with my workstation, sorry about generalization, should've tested more extensively.

Basically Enterprise vault add-in doesn't shows up in list of installed add-ins altogether in Outlook, trying to figure out why. No ereors in logs or while running resetevclient.

1. Un-installed, re-installed EV client
  2. Un-installed, re-installed office package
  3. Disabled, Zapped & re-enabled mailbox for archiving
  4. Re-created Outlook profile
  5. No RPC over HTTP

Weird one, only thing I can think of is to re-install OS, but that's lot of trouble for same, can use OWA and be happy with it lol.