cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault 9.02 for exchange2010

DelphineFR
Level 5

Hi all,

here my previous configuration (working fine)

Enteprise vault 9.02 on a 2003 server with an outlook 2003 client on it. An SQL 2005 for the DB. And few exchange server 2003 also.

We have now to add new 2010 exchange on our architecture.

I read all the step and to proceed, first of all, I have to updapte my Outlook client on EV 2003 to 2007 SP2 with an hotfixe.

I did it. and before go one... I check if something breaks... and of course :( yes... my email stay in a pending issu, this worked few minute before the update.

What I miss? I just update the client on the server. Shall I have to install the add-in also? I guess not, but I dont know what my error ?

thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DelphineFR
Level 5

Ok, we could close the issu, maybe I was to quick in my test.

I cancel the action, and did it again and this time my email go immediatly (after the run now) on my archive.

I could go on now for my exchange 2010

thanks Rob for you help!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

DelphineFR
Level 5

sorry outlook client 2007 SP2 not sp1 as I write. (I could not edit my previous post)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

If you want the least amount of problems, I'd suggest:

Outlook 2007 SP 3

Set the registry key from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952295, and all that is documented in the Compatibility List.

Why items stay pending?  Well the default position for production use would be to have items with safety copies set to 'after backup'.  What is your safety copy setting?

Working for cloudficient.com

DelphineFR
Level 5

Ok will update with SP3.

Sorry I dont understand what you mean by safety copie (english is not my first language ;))

what I did after the udpdate, I go to my mailbox, push an archive, force the task on EV server to work, but my email have the icon pending. Hope it's clear.

Did I have to do something else with outlook?

DelphineFR
Level 5

Oh after backup I understand...I will check it.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Okay -- and..  manually archiving an item does not require you to do a 'run now' on the task.

DelphineFR
Level 5

I just check and it's immediately after archive.

So the pending is not a normal issu...

Another idea ?

DelphineFR
Level 5

I did it with a run now, but still here.

DelphineFR
Level 5

Ok, we could close the issu, maybe I was to quick in my test.

I cancel the action, and did it again and this time my email go immediatly (after the run now) on my archive.

I could go on now for my exchange 2010

thanks Rob for you help!

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad to help ..  but remember than when you manually archive an item on the client side, it doesn't do anything with the task as such:

<snip>

what I did after the udpdate, I go to my mailbox, push an archive, force the task on EV server to work, but my email have the icon pending. Hope it's clear.

</snip>