cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault compatibility with redirected recycle bins

Nyebodnye
Level 3

Hi there

We have an environment with Windows 2008R2 file servers which have redirected recycle bins for users folders ($RECYCLE. BIN)

We are archiving several of these servers using Enterprise Vault 10.0.4 CHF3.

Is this going to be a problem when our users delete archived content, as my suspicion is that it is trying to reyhdrate

the archived files into the recycle bin.

We are also seeing issues where the file server will totally lock up. This is a VM, so I can turn it off and on,

on the HyperV host, but when this happens we lose all access to the shares and can't remote desktop in to

restart the file archiving services. I have added the MaxThreadsPerQueue registry key.

I can't see anyhting in the event logs which would give me any clues as to why it is locking up,

and I have tried other threads that all seem to think the solution is MaxThreadsPerQueue.

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I might be mistaken, but if a user deletes something from a network share, it doesn't go to the servers recycle bin? Does it?

Working for cloudficient.com

Nyebodnye
Level 3

This was my concern, I suspect it does. Has nobody else ever mentioned that this might cause an issue ?

The people in my organisation that deal with group policy have issues/concerns with a nuke-on-delete policy.

Does anyone else out there have redirected recycle bins and use EV ?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

i have to agree with rob here but it sounds like you have some testing to do in your environment before you proceed.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Our FSA team had an issue with the server locking up, it was due to the FSA shortcuts being 'compressed'.

Once compression was turned off, all ran fine and dandy.

I do not know enough about FSa to advise further, so as Andrew states, test in a lab-environment before continuing.

Regards. Gertjan